Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Project Report: Ghost Targets: Expectation

I'm posting this late but backdating it, so I have no idea how it will show up in your RSS reader.

But it was big news that I missed. Ghost Targets: Expectation is finished. I finished the first draft on Monday, April 27th, then finished it again on Tuesday, April 28th, by inserting a key missing scene back in chapter seven.

T-- was reading it in pieces as I went along, so I got some immediate feedback from her, and I have a handful of other readers all working on the first revision now. If you're interested in reading it, let me know. If you haven't read Gods Tomorrow yet, you should do that first. That one is in a pretty stable state already, and I'd be glad to get you a copy.

I don't think this one will require as drastic a rewrite as Gods Tomorrow needed, but I could learn otherwise as the feedback rolls in. Regardless, I still need to develop the promotional materials (synopsis, cover letter, and blurb), and get it to my agent, along with Gods Tomorrow.

I don't have any immediate plans to start on the next book, but I've got a basic plot worked out for it and I think it'll move the story along in a really satisfying way. I had some concerns on that topic for this book, but everyone who's read it so far has said it's good. That's a relief.

Status: Complete, first draft

No comments:

Post a Comment