Thursday, February 12, 2009

Project Report: Ghost Targets: Expectation

As I said in my Gods Tomorrow post, the Ghost Targets books are sequels to Gods Tomorrow, and anything I say about them could certainly qualify as spoiler material for the first book. So if you plan on reading it but haven't yet, don't read the Ghost Targets project reports.

Anyway, I've done some good work on Ghost Targets: Expectation this week (the first sequel). I already had an opening scene, much like the one in Gods Tomorrow, in which we see the moments after the crime that sets the novel in motion, from the criminal's viewpoint. It's less than two pages, but introduces the storyline.

This week I finally wrote up a scene that's been pretty clear in my head for nearly a month now -- Katie's return to the Ghost Targets office, and the reaction of her coworkers there (as well as her assignment to this new case).

Basically, that's the first chapter. Carlos just finished reading Gods Tomorrow a couple weeks ago, and he's been giving me phenomenal feedback. I offered to let him read the first chapter of the sequel as a sort of teaser (with the clear warning that it could easily take me until next November to actually finish it), and he was anxious to do so.

So I have that done. If anyone else is interested in seeing it (with the same understanding), let me know and I'll get you access.

Status: Writing, First Draft

No comments:

Post a Comment