Monday, July 27, 2009

Project Report: MaskedFox.com


Ever since I started this blog, I've been working toward a professional website where I can display and promote these projects -- with a heavy emphasis on my books, of course.

I finally settled on a clear design a couple months ago, and I've been putting it together as I found the time. I'm now ready to call it done (in the sense that it's open to the public), although by its nature I'll be adding to it and editing it on a pretty regular basis.

You can check it out here:
www.MaskedFox.com

As I dove into the site design, it ultimately occurred to me that I'm not the only person in my social group with projects that could benefit from such a display, and it seemed like presenting a multi-faceted and talented creative team might offer more punch than just a website describing wonderful, magical me.

Thus was born the Masked Fox Team, which currently consists of my little sister, my much-talented friend Julie, and Toby and Kris. I haven't had a chance to work with them much yet so their presence on the website is pretty minimal so far, but we hope to beef that up in the next six months or so.

I've used the website as a one-stop personal profile (complete with resume, autobiography, writing credentials, and a link back to my blog), as a custom display site for my finished novels (something to share with editors and agents in my query letter), and as a general clearinghouse of all my assorted distractions.

As you may have seen (depending how many of those links you clicked on), the individual project pages all link back to this site, so I can use the simple Blogger interface to make news posts and quick status updates that will be accessible to anyone visiting my website. Since I just got that working, you can now expect a slew of project reports from my big ol' backlog of projects -- things like King Jason's War and Sleeping Kings: The Wolf (novels that I finished two years ago). Once those are out of the way, though, it should be back to business as usual. And, in case you were curious where all those old projects stood, now you'll know.

Status: In development

No comments:

Post a Comment